Why should you only be able to load a file based typing its name in? Filenames
exist throughout your system. Very often you want to point-and-click straight into
a file from your system log files. Or to navigate through your Struts form
definition, action definition, and action class.
The Squealer allows you to load a
file (and line number) from an arbitrary regular expression. So any line in any file
that contains a file path or even just part of a filename can be used to load a file.
This allows to you to point and click a line (
F9 actually) and
load the file, perhaps at the correct line number if this is available.
Support currently exists for:
- Loading from any file with full filepath in it
- Loading from the Squealer Results file (for example, if history is chosen)
- Loading Java files from Java exception stack traces
- Loading files from debug log statements
- Loading Struts form definitions
- Loading Struts action handler classes
- Loading Struts action input JSPs